This post is sponsored by Vitasoy.
Mascarpone stuffed strawberries. Yum!
These are really simple and work both as a pre-dinner treat with champagne or a light dessert after-a-big-meal, you know, like the one coming up next week.
Instead of slicing the tips off so that they could sit flat on a platter, I served them in cute heart-shaped silicon ice cube trays. So much more fun and no wastage either!
If you would like an even healthier version, you can simply leave out the cocoa powder and garnish with a fresh blueberry instead of the chocolate chip. But do remember – ’tis the season to be jolly! :)
What do you think? Is life too short to stuff a strawberry? (No hard feelings if it is!)
Mascarpone stuffed strawberries
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 60ml Vitasoy Oatmilk Original*
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 20 large strawberries
- 20 dark chocolate chips
1. Place the mascarpone cheese, oatmilk, cocoa, maple syrup and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined and smooth. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours until very firm.
2. Wash and dry the strawberries then hull using a small sharp knife or melon baller. Place cut-side up in an ice cube tray and pipe or spoon the mascarpone mixture into each one.
3. Garnish with a chocolate chip and chill in the fridge until ready to serve. They are best served nestled into a bed of crushed ice on a platter or upright in a decorative silicon ice cube tray (as pictured).
*Any of the Vitasoy Oatmilk range can be used in this recipe. The flavoured Honey Delight also would work really well.
Fig & Cherry was commissioned by Vitasoy Australia to develop this sponsored recipe featuring their range of non-dairy milks. For more great soy recipes (including plenty more by Christie!) visit www.soy.com.au.
If you are a brand or PR who would like to commission a sponsored recipe, please get in touch via the Advertising page.