I’m naming this the ‘All-star breakfast’ because almost every ingredient is a famous gourmet brand. It features:
1. McLean’s Run Free Range Eggs
2. Pepe Saya Butter
3. Bourke St Bakery Personal Sourdough
4. My marinated mushrooms – OK, they’re not famous, but this blog kinda is :)
This dish turned a rainy weekend morning into quite a scrumptious affair and even baby Poppy gobbled up a portion, impressing me with her complex palate. The mushrooms were quite vinegary and covered in dill which is not something I would normally feed her, except she saw us eating it and wanted in on the action!
Once the mushrooms have been marinated, this takes only a few minutes from pan to plate, so even the most hung-over cook will easily whip it up. Just remember to pop the mushrooms into their marinade the night before and you’ll be livin’ on easy street.
Fig & Cherry received the eggs with compliments of McLean’s Run and One Green Bean (thanks Laura!) and the butter with compliments from Pepe Saya and Liquid Ideas (thanks Georgia!).
Marinated mushroom scrambled eggs recipe
1 tablespoon butter
200g marinated mushrooms
splash of milk
salt and pepper
toasted sourdough, to serve
1. Melt the butter in a medium frying pan over high heat. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2-3 mins until lightly browned.
2. Whisk the eggs and milk together and season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pan and tilt the pan to coat. Drag the cooked egg from the edges to the centre until all the mixture is almost cooked to your liking. Take off the heat as it will continue to cook from residual heat.
3. Serve immediately on toasted sourdough that has been slathered with more butter.